Wednesday June 15, 2022 10:00 MYT
To support manufacturers, SIBUR offers its range of polymers from existing brands in addition to developing new brands in its research and development center SIBUR PolyLab to meet the needs of customers in the national and global market.
In May, SIBUR enterprises in Tomsk and Kazan (Tomskneftekhim and Kazanorgsintez) introduced new grades of polyethylene for flexible packaging. These grades are used as an adhesive layer in the lamination of high-quality snack packaging through a process called polyethylene melt lamination – an environmentally friendly and technologically advanced solution that allows multi-layer films to be bonded together without the use of more harmful adhesives.
SIBUR has also expanded its production of polypropylene block copolymer, used in the production of non-pressure systems for storm and domestic sewer systems. In the near future, SIBUR plans to start production of a more complex grade with a medium modulus of elasticity at its state-of-the-art factory in Tobolsk (ZapSibNeftekhim). These polymer solutions are very durable – especially in harsh environments – and have a lower carbon footprint than traditional materials.
SIBUR’s polymer grade offerings include:
- PP 8300G: Impact low flow propylene and ethylene copolymer, improved antistatic properties, designed for extrusion and thermoforming applications such as corrugated, panels, profiles and boxes. Offers great dimensional stability and resistance to deformation.
- PP 8400G: A low flow propylene and ethylene impact copolymer, designed for the production of containers, consumer packaging, utensils, battery cases and automotive products. Offers strong resistance to cracking and freezing.
- PE2NT11-9: High density polyethylene, designed for the extrusion of various types of pipes and piping products. Offers excellent UV resistance and high rigidity, which guarantees the reliability and long life of the pipes.
- PE LD40200 FA: Low density (high pressure) polyethylene designed for the production of foam products (thermal insulation, packaging, automotive interior linings, shoe soles), composites, injection molding and extrusion lamination. Offers an optimal balance of physical and mechanical properties, while its regular production ensures an uninterrupted supply.
- LA2175: Autoclavable low density (high pressure) polyethylene, designed for high speed lamination of paper, cardboard and aluminum foil for food and non-food packaging by extrusion. Provides high application rate, improved rheological properties and excellent processability.
SIBUR has placed sustainability at the heart of its production process. The Company is constantly improving its environmental management system, which covers all stages of production: R&D, investing in new green technologies, manufacturing ESG products, modernizing production facilities, reducing polluting emissions and discharges, implementing circular economy projects and promote sustainable practices among its employees. the partners.
As part of its updated ESG strategy, SIBUR’s sustainability goals include recycling at least 50% of all waste generated and carbon neutralizing at least one of its facilities by 2025.
SIBUR is Russia’s largest integrated petrochemical company and one of the fastest growing global petrochemical players, with approximately 50,000 employees. The company’s unique vertically integrated business model enables it to provide highly competitive products used in the consumer goods and automotive industries, as well as in the construction, energy, chemical and other industries. in 100 countries.
SIBUR helps reduce CO2 emissions from burning the by-products of oil and gas extraction into valuable petrochemicals.
Learn more about: https://www.sibur.ru/en/